Friday, March 6, 2009

Working Paper

"What's happening in the studio?" you may ask. And here's my answer: I'm still working on those paper pieces that I'd like to sell to the "corporate" market. Is there any market left? You never know until you try is what I'm thinking. So, my goal is to get 15 or 20 pieces done and send the images out to a couple of consultants to see what happens. Then I'll switch back to encaustic and/or oil while I'm waiting for those big sales to roll in.

I'm going to show you three pieces that I revised and one new one.


New Version/New Name: "Final Count", 34"x34", acrylic, pencil and crayon on ricepaper




Old Version (basic color hasn't changed, but color in New Version above is truer. I thought the upper right was too dark .)








New Version: "Number of Days", 34"x34", acrylic, pencil and crayon on ricepaper


Old Version - I thought the color needed tweaking and the top needed definition.










New Version: "Back Track", 34"x34", acrylic, pencil and crayon on ricepaper




Old Version - I thought the bottom right needed more color.









And here's the new one. I was able to reuse some fairly large sections from a couple of older pieces that I took back from a consultant.



This is "Growth Pattern", 34"x34", acrylic and pencil on ricepaper.

So this is life in the studio - or at least life in my studio. If you're following Joanne Mattera's "Marketing Mondays", you're reading about how to move the work out into the world. This post is about making and remaking the work, getting it ready to move out of the studio and into the world.

No comments: