Saturday, March 14, 2009

Road to Infinity

Yesterday I did something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. You know when you're driving along a highway and it's a beautiful sunny day and the road stretches out in front of you and it seems to go on forever, to, like, infinity? I've been wanting to capture that feeling in a photo. It's the Great American Dream of the Highway with Dinah Shore singing, "See the U.S.A. in your Chevrolet..." and topping it off with a big wet smack. What could be better?




As bad as texting while driving is, photographing while driving is probably even worse and not recommended. (Don't try this in a car.) I didn't abuse it and luckily didn't crash, but I was driven to it (so to speak) by my desire to take photos for the weather blog that I've been participating in for the past nearly two weeks. I've been walking around a lot with my camera in an effort to capture things and post them to my partners in Sweden. It's really made me see more clearly and deeply (I am a camera.) and has been an enriching process. I'll miss it when it's over after this weekend. And then move on to the next thing, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep. You are lucky. It works in a horse and buggy best. LOL